Digestion

April5

Research digestion on Kidshealth.org.  Post 3-5 important facts that you learned.  Your post must be in paragraph form.

Image result for digestion process

by posted under Uncategorized | 18 Comments »    
18 Comments to

“Digestion”

1. April 6th, 2017 at 5:48 pm      Reply grace Says:

The digestive system is very fun to learn about. I learned that in saliva,there is a thing called enzymes. It breaks down food immediately. Next,in the small intestine, there is a thing called bile, ,a type of acid. Lastly, our tongue is rough because it has little bumps called papillae. This is some information I learned on Kidshealth.org.

2. April 5th, 2017 at 9:55 pm      Reply Rough Ryan Says:

Gastric juices break down food.

The first part of the small intestine is called the duodeum.

Bile is made in the liver

3. April 5th, 2017 at 9:47 pm      Reply Alexander Says:

R. On Kids-health I learned about the digestive tract .
    A. I learned about enzymes, chyme and waste.
    C. According to Kidshealth, saliva has enzymes to break down food, the duodenum is the first segment of the small intestine and receives partially digested food known as chyme, and the large intestine absorbs water and salt leaving waste that will be eliminated.
    S. In conclusion, the digestive tract is pretty complex and like a chain reaction

4. April 5th, 2017 at 9:01 pm      Reply Ailish Says:

I learned that in the stomach acids and enzymes mix together,saliva contains things called enzymes,the first part of the small intestine is called duodenum,and the large intestine absorbs water and salt.

5. April 5th, 2017 at 8:45 pm      Reply fishjake Says:

I learned 3 new things about the digestive system from watching a video about digestion. I learned that saliva has enzymes that help break down food. Also, I learned that the beginning of the small intestine is called the Duodenum. Last, the small intestine has bile in it which helps break down food.

6. April 5th, 2017 at 8:44 pm      Reply Dalton Says:

The digestive tract is more interesting than you think. First of all, when it is fully stretched out, it is longer than you are. For a fully matured adult, it can be 30 feet long! Also, the gastric juices found in the stomach, which are hydrochloric acid, pepsin, and rennin, can melt through our skin. Hydrochloric acid can do that on its own, so imagine what they can do combined! Finally, even though our digestive systems are very efficient, food can take 12 hours to 2 days to digest. In conclusion, the digestive tract is highly fascinating because many things are happening that we don’t even have to think about.

7. April 5th, 2017 at 8:37 pm      Reply Aryan the great Says:

Your saliva can make 1.7 liters. The esophagus is about 25cm. They both are the mechanical digestion and chemical digestion. The whole year you eat 500kg of food. Even if you were standing upside down you can still be able to swallow and digest your food.

8. April 5th, 2017 at 8:13 pm      Reply roby Says:

One fun fact is the first part of the small intestine is called the duidido. Another fact is the large intestine takes out salt along with water. The final fact is your digestive system starts before you bite your food

9. April 5th, 2017 at 7:56 pm      Reply SUPER SOPHIA Says:

Kids Health gives many important facts on the digestive tract. One of
    them was saliva contains something called enzymes. As soon as that
    food goes into your mouth the saliva works to break down the food
    immediately. Another one is the most gastric juices are in the small
    intestine. Waste is stored in the rectum until its ready to be eliminated
    from the body. The large intestine sucks the water out of the undigested food and turns it into feces. The water is absorbed by the
    walls of the large intestine and is put into the bloodstream. You see now the facts Kids Health gives you are important.

10. April 5th, 2017 at 7:32 pm      Reply Carly Says:

I learned some very interesting facts from Kidshealth.org. I learned that peristalsis takes only 3 seconds! I also learned that gastric juices help to kill bacteria in your food. Food may spend up to 4 hours in the small intestine. Finally, I found out that your appendix doesn’t do anything but it sometimes gets infected and needs to be removed. As you can see, this is what I learned from Kidshealth.org.

11. April 5th, 2017 at 7:16 pm      Reply Matthew Says:

First, you eat then chew the food. There are some muscles in the esophagus. That will squeeze the food through. After going through the stomach, the digestion starts at the small intestine. Then it goes into the large intestine. If undigested food goes there, The water will be iliminated.

12. April 5th, 2017 at 7:11 pm      Reply corrin Says:

These are the important facts i learned

The first important fact i learned is that the beginning of the small intestine is called the duadenum. Bile is made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder on till the body needs it. Did you know you can not talk with out your tongue try saying this or that.The large intestine absorbes water and salt.This is what i learned from kidshealth.org

13. April 5th, 2017 at 6:48 pm      Reply big boy jay Says:

Let’s talk about the tongue. The tongue could be used to talk, taste, eat and chew. The tongue has saliva called spit. The tongue picks up the food and brings it to your throat to the esophagus and then to your stomach.

14. April 5th, 2017 at 5:37 pm      Reply tyler Says:

I learned that there are three parts of the small intestine called the duodenum, the jejunum, and the ileum. There are also three parts of the large intestine called cecum, colon, and rectum. One last fact is that there is a lining called the mucous lining that keeps acids from making a hole in your stomach. These are some interesting facts about the digestive system.

15. April 5th, 2017 at 4:37 pm      Reply IAN Says:

I read about the digestive system and learned 3 amazing facts. One is that it takes food 6-8 hours to digest and most of that time is in the small intestine (4 hours). Also the chewed up food is called the bolus. And finally, sometimes if you drink to fast food can get stuck in your windpipe. These are the fun facts I learned.

16. April 5th, 2017 at 4:17 pm      Reply Aubrey Says:

i learned a lot of things. Here r 4 things. One is that it says that the liver in your body cleans your blood. Another thing is that the flesh part in your mouth is called the crown. Now this adds onto what I just said. The crown tooth is covered with emamel. My last thing that I am going to say is that your next layer of teeth is called your dental teeth. you usually get all of your dental teeth a little older. This is all of the fun facts that I have. And all of the new things that I have learned.

17. April 5th, 2017 at 3:52 pm      Reply luke Says:

My first fact i learned was that your tongue has papillae which helps you taste.I also learned that you don’t get your wisdom teeth removed till you’re 21 years old .My third fact is that most of your digestion takes place in the small intestine .My last fact is that when you hear your stomach grumble it’s because your muscles in your stomach are squeezing for food.These are the four facts i learned on KidsHealth.org.

18. April 5th, 2017 at 3:36 pm      Reply Jake D Says:

Digestion is very important to our bodies. Hydrochloric acid, pepsin and rennin work together in your stomach. The more you eat the more your stomach stretches. Food enters the stomach from the esophagus.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Archives

April 2017
M T W T F S S
« Feb   May »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Who has visited our blog?

Skip to toolbar