Time For Kids

February28

Image result for time for kids

Task: Read the magazine and post a response to any THINK question. Responses must be in RACES format.

by posted under Uncategorized | 28 Comments »    
28 Comments to

“Time For Kids”

1. March 1st, 2017 at 8:30 pm      Reply jake Says:

People can learn music in the early years of their life. If you listen to the words in a song you might learn good things form it. The song might put good idea’s in your mind and can make you a better positive person.

2. March 1st, 2017 at 8:18 pm      Reply Carly Says:

People can learn through music in many ways. You can learn about family, love, laws, music and much more. You can do this by really focusing on the lyrics and effort put into the song. Musicians spend a ton of time writing lyrics so that you can understand and enjoy them. That is how you can learn from music.

3. March 1st, 2017 at 7:38 am      Reply Dalton Says:

Justin Schmit is a selfless and brave entomologist, which is a scientist who studies insects. Justin gets stung by insects then rates the pain to help scientists learn how to relieve the pain. He is selfless and brave because he has experienced pain so others won’t have to. In conclusion, since Justin has donated his life to science, we won’t have to experience pain so deeply.

4. March 1st, 2017 at 7:18 am      Reply roby Says:

In the article KING Of Sting I think Justin Schmidt is brave.I think that because he has to go through bad stings.I would like to have his job because I like insects.

5. February 28th, 2017 at 9:36 pm      Reply Rough Ryan Says:

People can learn through music by listening to songs that are about a natural cause or violence or a disease that someone has. Skyler Cats inspired young people to use different mediums to speak out about issues that are important to them and their towns. She has a new song called “Long way to go” and it is about gun violence. This helps people learn because it moves people to do the right thing and she says that she wants to “spread the love through music” We all get information from the news and books, but with Skyler Cats’ idea, people will learn how to act through music. I got this information from “TFK, Sky’s the Limit.”

6. February 28th, 2017 at 8:41 pm      Reply SUPER SOPHIA Says:

Music teaches people lots of things. First of all, writing can help someone express themselves. Performing, helps someone to be outgoing. I know this because the text states, “people can use different mediums to speak out about issues that are affecting them and their community”. This article tells how Sky Katz has grown as a musician. In my opinion, music can make the world a better place!

7. February 28th, 2017 at 8:29 pm      Reply grace Says:

King of Sting

Justin Schmidt is a entomologist, a person who studies insects. I would describe him as brave and fearless. If an insect has venom, he may get hurt. But he is careful. In his book The Sting of the Wild: The Story of the Man Who Got Stung for Science, Schmidt writes about the stings of 83 insects. So he probably knows a lot about how to handle pain. In the article ” King of Sting”, Schmidt says, “Their venom is focused on one specific role, and that is causing pain.” He is so brave for doing this!

I would not want to have Schmidt’s job because I don’t want to get hurt. In the article, he states that some bites are “like walking over flaming charcoal with a three -inch nail in your heel.” I don’t ever want to get stung like that!

8. February 28th, 2017 at 7:52 pm      Reply Johnny Rockets Says:

I read king of sting and I can best describe Justin Schmidt as a very brave man. There are not many people in the world who would get stung by 83 different insects for a job.I would not have this job because I would be afraid of spiders and I don’t want to feel pain.

9. February 28th, 2017 at 7:14 pm      Reply Griffin is boss Says:

People can learn through music because music can contain messages that teach lessons about doing the right thing and standing up for yourself. Music can make people happy when their favorite song is on. It can also bring friends closer together, for example, if they are both singing along to a favorite song.THE END.

10. February 28th, 2017 at 7:12 pm      Reply Tyler Says:

The article i’m doing a races on is “King of Sting”. I would describe Justin Schmidt as a brave person because you have to be brave to get stung by all kinds of bugs. He is also pretty crazy. I would not want to have his job because I don’t want to get bit by bugs. This is why I don’t want his job.

11. February 28th, 2017 at 6:51 pm      Reply Luke Says:

Justin Schmidt is a man that likes to get stung by insects. Why does he like to get stung by insects? Schmidt says that you can learn a lot from bugs.They can help scientists study pain in humans and help relieve it.

I would not want to have Justin Schmidt’s job because I am not a fan of getting stung by bugs or insects. Some people hate insects and bugs but I don’t , I just don’t like to get stung by them. When it comes to bees or red ants I’m fine but when black widow spiders are involved which hurt a lot I’m out. This is why I would not want to have Justin Schmidt’s job.

12. February 28th, 2017 at 5:26 pm      Reply Matthew Says:

R- I’m reading “Soap Club”.
    A- It is about a college student named Samir Lakhani who went to Cambodia. A mother was using a laundry detergent to wash her baby. He decided to collect soap to give to the people.
    C- “He learned that Cambodia is very poor.”
    E- Most people couldn’t afford clean water for hygiene. Samir found out that the people were so poor,they that cannot wash themselves or their babies because the people do not have enough money to buy some soap. Samir wanted to help them with their problem. So what he did was that he gave soap to hotels because the hotels were throwing away soap
    S- This is how the title “Soap Club” is a good article.

13. February 28th, 2017 at 5:23 pm      Reply jayden Says:

Mr. Schmidt has a lot of courage for what he does. He sacrifices himself to be bitten by different insects that causes pain and sometimes severe pain. By doing that they were able to find medicine to relieve pain and poisonous venom.
    I don’t want to have Mr. Schmidt’s job because I don’t want to deal with insects. Mr. Schmidts job is inspecting spiders that’s why I don’t want it. Another reason is that I don’t want to be Mr. Schmidt because I don’t want insect venom on my face.to do his job.

14. February 28th, 2017 at 5:18 pm      Reply fishjake Says:

The Eco-Soap Bank is changing people’s lives. It is changing lives by teaching people in Cambodia about hygiene. For example, the organization teaches hygiene education to the younger generation. Another example of how it is changing lives is some soap is given to women that sell it in their villages and use the money to support their families. The Eco-Soap Bank is teaching people in Cambodia how to live a healthy life. As you can see, the Eco-Soap Bank is changing the lives of people with something as simple as a bar of soap.

15. February 28th, 2017 at 4:58 pm      Reply cute corrin Says:

This is what i think about how people learn through music.

I think they listen to it so much that they get inspiration from it and they want to write music too.They could also listen very closely and maybe there will be some tips in there.

In the text it states “people learn through music as well as heal through music”sky said “we can spread the message of love through music.

This is what i think people learn from music.

16. February 28th, 2017 at 4:48 pm      Reply Ailish Says:

The eco-soap bank is changing people’s lives.Some ways the
    eco-soap bank is changing the world is that kids in Cambodia staying clean and heathy with soap,it helps prevent widespread illness,and it recycles soap at hotels.In conclusion the eco-soap bank is changing peoples lives.

17. February 28th, 2017 at 4:23 pm      Reply kicking aryan Says:

these kids in cambodia had no soap to take a bath in so a kid steped up and this kid was Samir Lakhani he saved a lot of people and gave a clean bath to kids in cambodia and the one of the worst things that can happen to them is no soap so one boy steped up and saved a lot of peopie

18. February 28th, 2017 at 3:45 pm      Reply Jake D Says:

The Eco Soap Bank is changing people’s lives by giving soap to poor people. The people need soap to wash themselves and their materials and clothes. Two examples are good hygiene prevents illness and women earn money to support their families by selling bars of soap given to them.

19. February 28th, 2017 at 3:38 pm      Reply Ian Says:

The eco-soap bank is changing peoples lives. It is changing peoples lives because it gives poor people who don’t have soap, soap! And that is good because it helps people maintain hygiene. In the text it states,” a poor mother was using laundry detergent on her baby because she couldn’t maintain her hygiene.” This shows that without the eco-soup bank, poor people can’t maintain there hygiene. This is why the eco-soap bank is changing peoples lives.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Archives

February 2017
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Apr »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728  

Who has visited our blog?

Skip to toolbar