New NY Bridge

January11

Go to the website below and read about the New NY Bridge.  Write a paragraph about what you have learned from both the presentation today and your research.

www.newnybridge.com

by posted under Uncategorized | 35 Comments »    
35 Comments to

“New NY Bridge”

1. January 13th, 2017 at 7:18 am      Reply roby Says:

The first thing I learned about the New NY Bridge is that it’s a cable stay bridge. I also learned that the need 50 miles of foundation pilings. Another thing I learned is it costed approximatley $3.98 million. The last thing i learned is there is a falcon webcam.

2. January 11th, 2017 at 10:04 pm      Reply Aubrey Says:

Today in school we had a very exciting presentation about the new NY Bridge. I learned a lot of things I did not know. The first fact I learned is that the new bridge will last for 100 years. I learned this fact from the presenters today at school.The next fact I learned is that the main span of the new bridge is over 1,200 feet long!
    The last fact I learned was that the bridge will have a path that people can walk on and ride bikes on. The website for the new NY Bridge states that the path will be the first of its kind in Rockland and Westchester Counties. My answer means that the old bridge was good but this new bridge is even better it even has lights on it and you can change it to all different colors. So this whole article is about what I have learned on the New York new bridge.

3. January 11th, 2017 at 8:42 pm      Reply Dalton Says:

The “I Lift NY” crane that is working on the new bridge can lift a weight capacity of 1,929 tons! That’s twelve Statues of Liberty! The bridge will use a new technique called cable stay, which will create a more secure bridge. The bridge will be completed in 2018 and will cost 3.98 billion dollars. The bridge is quite an astonishing structure and seems to say, “Yes, we can!”

4. January 11th, 2017 at 8:27 pm      Reply big boy jay Says:

I learned about tubes. I found out that tubes go deep down in the river. I also learned the cranes can hold 12 statues of liberty. I Also found out new New York bridge will have lights. They are also building a falcons nest on the bridge.

5. January 11th, 2017 at 8:07 pm      Reply Tyler Says:

A new bridge will be replacing the current Tappan zee bridge which is being built and will be completed in 2018 or early 2019. The NY bridge will mean less congestion and frustration for motorists with 8 general traffic lanes, break-down/emergency lanes, and a state of the art traffic monitoring system. The type of bridge being built is called a cable stay bridge. It has more than 160 cables connecting from the bridge deck to the towers. More than 80 of those cables are installed on the main span. There is also a lot of concrete and steel required for this project. It uses 222 million pounds of US steel and 300,000 cubic yards of concrete. I am looking forward to driving over the new bridge.

6. January 11th, 2017 at 7:33 pm      Reply grace Says:

As you can see, there is a new bridge in the Hudson Valley. There are a lot of facts about this new bridge. I will share some with you. First of all, there are more than 1,100 steel foundation piles at the site. The bridge is designed to last 100 years! I would be 109 years old at that time! Also, the I Lift NY super crane, which they are using to build the bridge, can lift 12 Statues of Liberty at once. The New NY Bridge will have 8 towers and will be 419 feet above water. Also, on January 5th, more than 80 stay cables got installed on the main span. But that is not the best part! The new bridge can turn different colors! I can’t wait to see how the new bridge turns out!

7. January 11th, 2017 at 7:26 pm      Reply Alexander Says:

R. Today, I learned that it takes a lot of materials to build a bridge.
    A. The presenter said that this is the largest construction project underway in New York and will cost about $4 billion over 5 years of construction.
    C. For example, 14 miles worth of span cables, 50 miles of foundation pilings, 300,000 cubic yards of concrete, and 220 million pounds of steel were required to build this new bridge.
    E. The reason New York State needed to build this bridge was because traffic had increased way more than the old bridge was designed to handle.
    S. In summary, to lower the number of accidents on this heavily trafficked commuter bridge, which my father uses every day, millions of dollars in materials and engineering are being spent.

8. January 11th, 2017 at 6:56 pm      Reply Jake D Says:

The new NY Bridge is being built to replace the Tappan Zee bridge. This bridge is crosses the Hudson River and connects to Rockland and Westchester Counties. The bridge has over 900 cables. Construction began in late 2013. The cost is approximately $4 billion.

9. January 11th, 2017 at 6:52 pm      Reply kind corrin Says:

this is what i learned in the presentation and the website.I learned that there are tubes that are 6 feet tall and they go under the bridge to support it.I think that it is cool that they can light up the new bridge.they can make it a different color whenever they want.Its also cool that the crane on the boat can carry 7 statues of liberty.This bridge will be the longest bridge in the state.This is what i learned about the new ny bridge.

10. January 11th, 2017 at 6:30 pm      Reply SOCCER STAR SOPHIA Says:

Do you now about the new NY bridge? Well I do. I’ll share some fact’s with you. Today we had an assembly about it. So I know all about it.First, none of the cranes or barges have there own motor. Instead they are pulled by tug boats.The second fact I learned is that the deck panels are installed. Now they can drive vehicles on parts of the bridge. This will help workers get to the job site. Also, I learned they are using modular construction to build the bridge. They use materials from all around the world. The most interesting fact I learned was the amount of concrete that they are using to build the bridge. The amount being used can build a sidewalk that stretches from Rockland County to Key West Florida. Those are the facts I learned. You should research theses facts today!

11. January 11th, 2017 at 6:28 pm      Reply Rough Ryan Says:

I learned that they drove metal tubes into the bedrock to hold up the bridge. Also I learned that the super crane/Left Coast Lifter could hold up 12 Statues of Liberty. Lastly I learned that this bridge is a cable bridge.

12. January 11th, 2017 at 5:19 pm      Reply Jake Says:

The new Tappan Zee Bridge is the largest active bridge being built ever. They started the construction in 2013. The bridge is 419 feet above the river. People love to travel the old bridge and watch the new bridge being built. One of the cranes used was the worlds largest, and it can lift 12 Statue of Liberty’s. The bridge is suppose to be finished in 2018.

13. January 11th, 2017 at 5:09 pm      Reply Johnny Rockets Says:

I learned the new Tappan Zee bridge will be a great bridge that will be 3.1 miles long. The old bridge was unsafe for drivers because it was not big enough and there was a lot of accidents. This new bridge will be able to keep more drivers safe because it has more lanes and a lane for busses and bike riders. It took a long time to decide to build it. It cost $3.98 billion dollars. I am excited to drive over the new bridge once it opens.

14. January 11th, 2017 at 4:48 pm      Reply Matthew Says:

permanent construction operations began in late 2013. The construction workers building the new NY bridge. The project has shown remarkable progress. A bridge called the Tappan Zee Bridge opened traffic in 1955. The first stay cable installed on July – 2016.

15. January 11th, 2017 at 4:37 pm      Reply luke.m Says:

What I learned from the presentation and website is that the new bridge is a cable bridge. I also learned that most bridges are suspension bridges, which is pretty cool. There is going to be walking and biking path on the bridge. There will also be place for you to park your bike to enjoy the view. There is going to be lights which can change colors on the beams of the bridge. There is going to be two bridges with one side goes from Rockland to Westchester, and one side is going to be from Westchester to Rockland. These are things I learned about the bridge.

16. January 11th, 2017 at 3:48 pm      Reply Ailish Says:

I learned a lot about the new NY brige and the people who work on it.I learn that 1,200 people are on it every day,we will be able to go on it by the end of 2017,and the people who work on it make donations to charity’s.These are some of the things I learn about the new NY brige.

17. January 11th, 2017 at 3:17 pm      Reply fishjake Says:

I learned that the new Tappan Zee Bridge is protective of animals. They were cautious about the sturgeons and the falcons. They protected the sturgeons by putting air bubbles on the tubes when they were putting them in the ground so that their bladders did not burst from the noise. They made a new nest for the falcons because the nest was on the original bridge. Tappan Zee workers protected both the fish and the bird during construction. As you can see, they were protecting the wildlife.

18. January 11th, 2017 at 3:14 pm      Reply Ian Says:

They are replacing the Tappan Zee bridge because of traffic. It has grown to 140,000 cars per day and the bridge wasn’t designed to hold that many cars. Also because of the, they’ve had to fix it more, which cost hundreds and millions of dollars. That is why they are replacing the Tappan Zee bridge.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Archives

January 2017
M T W T F S S
« Dec   Feb »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Who has visited our blog?

Skip to toolbar