Ms. Quinson's 2011-2012 9H Blog

a place for students to express themselves

Two households both alike in dignity

December5

Please paraphrase the prologue to Romeo and Juliet. Also, please discuss how this preview does or does not conform to your previous knowledge of the plot of Romeo and Juliet.

Two households, both alike in dignity,

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,

From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,

Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes

A pair of star-cross’d lovers take their life;

Whose misadventured piteous overthrows

Do with their death bury their parents’ strife.

The fearful passage of their death-mark’d love,

And the continuance of their parents’ rage,

Which, but their children’s end, nought could remove,

Is now the two hours’ traffic of our stage;

The which if you with patient ears attend,

What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

by posted under Romeo and Juliet | 52 Comments »    
52 Comments to

“Two households both alike in dignity”

1. December 5th, 2011 at 6:05 pm      Reply lucyl2 Says:

There are two families of the same class. The setting of the story is in Verona,
    An old fight between the families sparks a new rivalry. Innocent blood is shed, because of these two families. Two people fall in love. Their bad luck results in a pitiful death. Their death overthrows their families’ anger.
    The horrible thought of their love, which caused them to die, and their family’s rivalry, still continuing. Even though their children died from the rivalry, peace could not be made. The actors will make their best effort, over two hours, to explain the story with greater detail.

I’m not exactly sure if the way I’ve paraphrased the prologue is correct, so I’m open to hearing different ideas so that I have a better understanding of it.

This prologue basically concurs what I already know about the story of Romeo and Juliet. I’ve learned about the story from other adaptations like the musical, West Side Story. Also, the story has been interpreted many times and put into many different perspectives. From all of the things that I’ve seen, whether they were parodies of the play, or other adaptations, have the same plot. The prologue fits all of the other things I’ve heard about pertaining to Romeo and Juliet. Technically, the other things that I’ve heard conform to this prologue though, because the play came before anything else. 🙂

2. December 5th, 2011 at 6:38 pm      Reply ashleys2 Says:

Two households that have the same social class (the Capulets and the Monatagues) live in the town of Verona. A long-lasting rivalry between them has lead to a new type of violence that leads to bloody fighting and maybe even murder. The two enemies gave birth to a pair of lovers who are not meant to be (Romeo and Juliet), whose terribly sad death causes their parents to stop the violence. Their unfavorable love and the fighting of both families is what the show is about and what you missed in the prologue, the actors will try to clarify during the play.

This prologue does confirm to my prior knowledge of Romeo and Juliet because in third grade I was in the chorus in this show and I remember that this is what happens. Also in the parody of “text message” Romeo and Juliet we read in class today, this is what happened.

3. December 5th, 2011 at 6:42 pm      Reply johnk4 Says:

The prologue is well written and certainly has a lot of thought put into it. It says that two families of equal social standing in Verona are feuding over something fought over for many years. The families are stained with the murder of each other and the children of the families love each other and die. It says the children’s ill pursuit makes peace between the families. It says the feud between the families could only be calmed if the death of the children occurred. Then it says the play will last two hours and if the audience missed anything it would happen in the play. This preview of what the play is about does give me more information. I did not know the play took place in Verona. Besides this information this preview does not show me anything that I do not know.

4. December 5th, 2011 at 7:00 pm      Reply carak1 Says:

There are two families in Verona, the setting of the story, that have an ancient grudge that has resurfaced. It has caused innocent people to become murderers and has taken innocent life. A young boy and girl come from each of these families and fall in love. They eventually die because of the love and animosity. Their death finally ends the feud between the families. And this, my dearies, is what Romeo and Juliet is about.

This proves what I have already heard about Romeo and Juliet to be true. Romeo and Juliet fall in love, a love that their families forbid. They see each other privately, but the story ends in their death. Juliet fakes death and when Romeo sees her, he drinks poison and kills himself. When she awakes, she sees him dead and kills herself to be with him again. They have true love, but that love ends in their demise. What I did not know was that their parents gave up the feud after the deaths of their children. I can’t wait to read this!

5. December 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm      Reply briannab3 Says:

The prologue begins with stating that two households of the same social status in Verona, hold a grudge against each other that started a very long time ago and something new has reignited the feud. The two families experience the deaths of their children at the same time who were desperately in love with each other. With their death, the grudge they held against each other is gone too. Their children’s death brought the two families together and brought them peace, at least in that perspective. Then it states that the play will be acted out upon the stage and anything that the audience has missed will be answered in the next two hours.
    The prologue basically summed up what I know about this famous play. I don’t know any details, just the outline of how the story goes. I guess I’ll have to find out more about it as we read!

• December 5th, 2011 at 7:03 pm      Reply briannab3 Says:

I forgot to write that I wasn’t sure or not if the feud was resolved or not after the deaths, so the prologue answered that question!

6. December 5th, 2011 at 7:07 pm      Reply michaelt10 Says:

What this preview basically means to me is that there were two civilized families that hated each other. Then, a man and woman from both the families fall in love, and try to have their families like each other again. They try to do this by faking death, and seeing if it will bring their families together. They tried and tried, but could never bring peace between the two families. All I really knew about this beforehand was that two lover’s families hated each other. I did not know anything about the faking death, or that it was an “ancient grudge”.

7. December 5th, 2011 at 7:08 pm      Reply shianak3 Says:

There were two households that were equal in class/pride. In the city state of Verona where this story takes place. From old hard feelings to new fights. Where the fighting of these two household even drags law abiding people to guilt. Each of these rival families had children who are lovers in the story And their tragic love story. The parents fighting ended with the death of the two. The sad passing of the two marked love. And the nonstop rivalry of the two dignified families. Which only the childrens death could end. Is the story to take place for two hours on our stage That of you patiently listen Will clear up any things we missed in the prologue. Basically the prologue isn’t that different than what I expected. The only thing that I earned from the prologue is that they came from dignified families and they were rivals. I always assed it was like an Aladdin story. I’m excited to read though!

• December 5th, 2011 at 7:11 pm      Reply shianak3 Says:

Sorry I wrote assed instead of thought

• December 5th, 2011 at 7:24 pm      Reply lucyl2 Says:

I’m not so sure if it’s like aladin, but lots of fairytales are based off of romeo and juliet.

• December 5th, 2011 at 8:52 pm      Reply amandaj3 Says:

I get what you mean by Aladdin but not entirely. They both didn’t die in the end and many other characters. I think you meant that Aladdin and Jasmine are sorta similar in characters to Romeo and Juliet. A lot of adaptations have been created off Romeo And Juliet.

• December 5th, 2011 at 8:54 pm      Reply anjuv1 Says:

I agree I see the idea that you are trying to prove, and like Amanda I think you meant the characters had similar traits.

8. December 5th, 2011 at 7:48 pm      Reply nicolea4 Says:

The prologue to Romeo and Juliet starts off by saying that there are two separate households in Verona that are in the same social class and have the same amount of pride. There has been a feud between these households for a very long time, and something has come up witch has reignited that feud. This feud has caused the death of innocent people. The children of these two households both took their lives and were in love with each other. With the death of the children, the feud ended. The play will be the retelling of the story for the audience to listen to, and any questions unanswered by the prologue will be answered throughout the play.

This prologue almost completely summed up my previous knowledge of the famous play, Romeo and Juliet. I knew that Romeo and Juliet were forbidden to be together, but I did not know that was because of an ongoing feud between the two households.

9. December 5th, 2011 at 7:57 pm      Reply Ben E. Says:

Romeo and Juliet’s introduction was a summary of the play. It told of two families who had the same high social ranking, through constant fighting made the small town of Verona a battlefield for their feud. Some people were killed, including innocent bystanders. After hundreds of years of feuding these two families each had a child, one boy one girl, who fell in love, but because of their families’ feuds they could not be together. In the end, the pair’s misfortune ended with death, and their families’ feud with it. The textbook’s introduction surprised me about how short Shakespeare’s life was and how few plays he wrote. HE only wrote 47 plays!

10. December 5th, 2011 at 8:24 pm      Reply elizabethp4 Says:

Two houses, which are both very proud about their bloodline and past, have a feud for some unknown reasons which is never shared with the reader. However, even though the two houses are sworn to detest each other, lovers emerge from the hatred that exists. Nothing can stop the families from fighting, even the two lovebirds – only their death could heal the spat. I think that Shakespeare wanted to say that only an overly-dramatic tragedy could end an unimportant fight whose origins were lost in the sands of time.

Essentially, I already know what happens in Romeo and Juliet since so many references are made to it nowadays – Taylor Swift’s song, You Belong With Me – that I just got sick of not knowing what it was referring to and read multiple synopsis(s) of it. I’ve read some of Shakespeare’s other works, and no paraphrasing could possibly capture the flow and tilt of his words. It’s just completely different when you actually read the play and when you read about the play.

• December 5th, 2011 at 11:06 pm      Reply Alwyn Panthapattu Says:

Liz, I know that this is off topic, but how, when, and where should we report for the Knowledge Masters Competition?

11. December 5th, 2011 at 8:40 pm      Reply bridgetd1 Says:

In Verona, there are two families of the same class that have fought for a very long time. This fight sparks a new rivalry. Many innocent people are killed and many innocent people kill because of this feud. But then two people from the opposing sides fall desperately in love. They are forbidden from seeing each other so they seek out together. Unfortunately, their bad luck leads to their deaths. With the end of their lives also comes the end of the feud between the two families.
    This prologue does conform to my prior knowledge of Romeo and Juliet. I knew that Romeo and Juliet came from opposing families and that their love was forbidden. I also knew that they died very tragic deaths because of the feud between their families. I did not know, however, that their deaths ended the feud between the two families. I am definitely looking forward to reading Romeo and Juliet! 🙂

12. December 5th, 2011 at 8:53 pm      Reply anjuv1 Says:

In Verona, there were two families that were alike by their social class and also by their pride. These two families were in a feud in the past, and now a new problem arose between them that caused great confusion and anger. Two people from these families, these two enemies that had a passionate hate towards each other, later fall in love with one another. This causes terrible fighting and may even kill innocent people, like the civilians. This was probably due to their parents’ arguments. All this drama and hatred between them eventually end up with the death of both pair of parents’ children, Romeo and Juliet. With the death of the two, the rivalry finally ended with peace.
    This prologue mainly showed the reader the outline of the story. It told the basic plot and the problem that the story contains. I can’t wait to read more and find out what happens in between the main ideas!

13. December 5th, 2011 at 9:06 pm      Reply kevinj3 Says:

The prologue to Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare gives a fair introduction to the tragedy play. It is explaining, there are two households both with power, or dignity, that hold an old grudge against each other. The setting is in the town of Verona, a small town. Two lovebirds from the hating sides of the two households find each other and fall in love, only to be separated by death. At the end, when the lovers are ridden with death through their never ending affection, the families’ relationships are mended because of their equal loss and understanding. I thought beforehand that Romeo and Juliet had a happy ending where the two star-crossed lovers got married, not died. I didn’t know it was a tragic play. Now, since I have read the prologue, the light mood I have always thought of when talking about Romeo and Juliet is gone and is replaced by a sad tone. When Shakespeare writes his plays, it makes them sound like they have a deep meaning to them because of his style and his choice of words. He is the perfect playwright for Romeo and Juliet.

14. December 5th, 2011 at 9:11 pm      Reply amandaj3 Says:

Two Families, both similar in excellence.
    It takes place in Verona.
    From an old feud to a new fight.
    Because of these two households, guiltless blood was shed.
    A boy and a girl fall in love. Their love takes a turn and they both die.
    The pitiful Death causes the parent’s rivalry to rage even more.
    The anger continues even the children could not remove.
    Peace has never been made.
    Now watch for the next few hours
    and listen to the tale of the two lovers.

The prologue does not change my previous understanding. Since there are so many books, plays, and film adaptions. The most famous play based off from Romeo and Juliet is West Side Story. There are also many novels written about Romeo and Juliet. Authors who do this usually adds a modern twist which makes it different. There are also many films made about Romeo and Juliet. Although sometimes the films aren’t 100% Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, they still include some elements from the famous play. Shakespeare was a legend. Romeo and Juliet is a well-known stories known from a variety of ages.

I’m looking forward to reading Romeo and Juliet. 🙂

15. December 5th, 2011 at 9:34 pm      Reply coryannm2 Says:

There are two nobles in Verona. The families have always been enemies, a new conflict has brought about the fighting amongst themselves once again. There is blood of a citizen on another citizen’s hands. The children of these enemies fall into love, that is forbidden. They pay the price of death for the love they share. The parents quarrels were the reason for their children’s deaths, yet they continue to fight. Not even the death’s of their children could make them realize that their fighting as gone too far and on for too long. In the next two hours, through our two hour play, the audience will learn more of the lovers that were brought to their unfortunate doom because of an ancient quarrel.

• December 5th, 2011 at 9:37 pm      Reply coryannm2 Says:

(forgot to add this)
      I’ve always known the basic plot of Romeo and Juliet to the point that I don’t remember where I learned it. Nowadays there are many references to it, especially in any sort of love story, almost every time Romeo and Juliet are mentioned. This prologue confirmed what I already knew.

• December 5th, 2011 at 9:48 pm      Reply Leon Says:

Same for me. I didn’t really learn anything new from this prologue, except that what Shakespeare writes is DENSE! (in a good way)

16. December 5th, 2011 at 9:42 pm      Reply harrisond1 Says:

The prologue to Romeo and Juliet contains a lot of useful information about the plot. Basically, it tells of two families, both powerful. These families were the Capulets and the Montagues. The story takes place in Verona. These families had old grudges, but now something has sparked more fighting. From these two families, two lovers killed themselves, which stopped their parents from fighting. Their rage was so powerful, that only their death could subdue it. At the end, it was said that the play was two hours, and in these two hours it would be revealed what had happened. This preview talked about things I didn’t know. First of all, I didn’t know that this took place in Verona. I also didn’t know that Romeo and Juliet stopped a feud between the two families by their death. This prologue helped outline the main plot of the play, but I bet there’s a lot more to come.

• December 5th, 2011 at 10:04 pm      Reply nicholasm14 Says:

I also bet there’s a lot to come. I can’t wait to read this play. I also agree with you when you said that only the tragic death of Romeo and Juliet could calm the two families’ great hatred towards each other. However, it’s a shame that the only way to achieve peace was by Romeo and Juliet dying.

17. December 5th, 2011 at 9:46 pm      Reply Leon Says:

So apparently I am not able to log into my account on this blog. I know I am using the right password and username >.< There is nothing I can do but post a response without logging in. ._. sorry.

Two households have the same social status.

This is taking place in Verona.

Fighting starts because of a grudge that goes back to a long ago.

Blood from well-mannered people makes well-mannered hands unclean.

Brought up by these two enemies (Montague and Capulet)

are a pair of lovers (Romeo and Juliet)

whose misadventured piteous overthrows (what does this mean? Their unfortunate adventure pity overthrow?)

And with their death end the grudge between the two families

This fearful story of their destined to die love

and their parent's continuous rage

which, except for the death of the children could not end,

is now the performance for the stage

Now listen to this story

what you miss we will use our effort to mend. (?)

.

This does not really help to better my understanding of the story, as I already know how the story goes. It is basically using fancy language to tell us that the story is about two conflicting households that produce a couple that fall in love and die which ends the households hatred towards each other. What I have learned though is from line 12: "Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;" was that these plays were really popular back then. I knew they were pretty popular but i never knew there would be a line as long as two hours! Very amazing.

• December 5th, 2011 at 11:34 pm      Reply innag2 Says:

Me too! I mean, sure, he was Shakespeare and all, but back then, I didn’t think that it was such a household name! I can’t believe we still talk about him today. That’s craazyyyyyy!!!!!

• December 5th, 2011 at 11:39 pm      Reply Anton Says:

“whose misadeventured piteous overthrows” has a footnote and is simplified as Whose unfortunate, sorrowful destruction.

18. December 5th, 2011 at 9:51 pm      Reply johnw2 Says:

The prologue to Romeo and Juliet tells the entire story right up front. It simply states very blandly what happens, and in chronological order too. It starts by talking about the blood feud between the Montegues and the Capulets, and how the feud has been running for years with many lives lost over it. It tells you that the story is taking place in the Italian town of Verona. The prologue mentions the two lovers that even though their families hate each other they still manage to find love between each other. The tenth and eleventh lines were the two lines that stuck with me the most. They stuck with me the most because they dictate that the only way the two families come to peace is when both of their children die because of a forbidden love. The last three lines is simple the narrator talking to the audience, and telling them that if you listen with patient ears you will hear the conflict come to amends. The prologue was not how I pictured it to be. Before I decided to take this class I thought that Romeo and Juliet was just another love story. This prologue completely changed that Disney style image out of my head.

19. December 5th, 2011 at 9:55 pm      Reply nicholasm14 Says:

The prologue of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet basically sets the stage for this entire play. It describes how there are two families that are high in social class that hate each other. This entire play takes place in the city of Verona, and from an old rivalry between these two families a new conflict is sparked that causes innocent blood to be shed. From the bitter rivalry between these two families, two people fall in love and get married. They both die, causing both families to fall into great sorrow. Due to their mutual sorrow, the two families reconciled their differences and their hate for each other ceased. The actors will try to clarify anything that was not clear in this prologue later on as the play goes on for two hours.

This prologue confirms basically everything I knew about the play. All of the different adaptations and interpretations of the play basically revolve around what the prologue is saying. However, it makes me look at Romeo and Juliet in a different way. I always thought it was a light story of love and loss and that was it, but now I realize it’s a tragic play and has much more of a sad tone. The play also has a much more deep meaning than I had ever thought it had, and reading the prologue made me realize this.

20. December 5th, 2011 at 10:34 pm      Reply benjaminf Says:

In short the prologue to Romeo and Juliet goes like this:
    Two families of the same class in Verona where this story takes place. Where an old conflict between them has been rekindled and this will also harm civilians. The reason for this conflict being the children of the two families who fall in love with each other but then take their own lives. They die because they were never meant to love each other and this deadly love just continued the rage between the families. The death of the lovers that didn’t change anything will now be presented over two hours on the stage in front of the audience with patient ears. This performance will show how this family conflict will try to be fixed. I’m pretty sure that I knew most of the parts of the play clarified in the prologue because it’s such a basic summary. But when I read the play in full noticing every detail, I think it will differ from what I previously thought it may have been.

21. December 5th, 2011 at 10:45 pm      Reply sharonm1 Says:

Two families of the same social status lived in Verona. They carried a deep grudge that started with their ancestors, continued through generations and broke into a new fight between the families. The fight between the two families often resulted in blood shed. From these two families came ill-fated lovers. The lovers eventually died because of a simple misunderstanding. Their death allowed the families to let go of the anger towards one another. This is how I thought Romeo and Juliet went. When I did my website on a Greek myth I chose Pyramus and Thisbe. I learned that Shakespeare based Romeo and Juliet on this myth and assumed that the plots were the same. In both stories there are two families hate one another due to an old grudge between their ancestors. From the two families came two star crossed lovers. They both died because of a misunderstanding but their deaths made their families make up and leave their grudge behind.

22. December 5th, 2011 at 10:46 pm      Reply Autumn Says:

There are two families in Verona, equal in pride and dignity. There has always been hatred towards each other and now a new conflict is once again causing dispute. Civilians will be harmed and will harm others. The reason for new fighting is because of children from both families have fallen in love but then take their lives. They were never meant to love each other and their love caused so much dispute. The two lovers death did not change anything and know their story will be presented on stage to a patient audience. The show will show how the conflict tried to be resolved.

This is basically what the prolouge said. I think their may have been other things that I will notice when reading in full depth and get a better understanding of the play but this is what I think it means. 🙂

23. December 5th, 2011 at 10:47 pm      Reply tylerf2 Says:

The prologue of Shakespeare’s story of Romeo and Juliet tells of the whole story, but summarized so much that there is almost no detail. The prologue tells of two rivaling families of the same social class (the Capuletes and the Montegues) who are constantly fighting over reasons long lost in time. NOw, two people meet at a party and immediately fall in love with each other, but soon discover that they are of rivaling families. These two love each other with a burning passion and would do anything for one another, even die. That is what it comes down to, for Juliet fakes her death to get rid of another man who she is supposed to marry. Romeo hears of this, but does not know that the death is fake, and kills himself to be with Juliet. But Juliet is still alive and hears the news that her true love has killed himself for her, and kills herself to be with Romeo in the afterlife. The death of the two family members now buries the hatchet for these two rivaling families once and for all.

The prologue was basically what I already knew about the play, a tale of love and loss, but it showed me how much was actually lost in this story. Also, it showed that the story has more of a sad and romantic tone to it, when I thought that it was just a tale of love. This gave me a chance to see the story from an entirely new perspective.

24. December 5th, 2011 at 10:55 pm      Reply amandaf2 Says:

The prologue of Romeo and Juliet explains the plot of the story. The story takes place in Verona. The Montagues and that Capulets are rival families that both have a high social rank. The two families have always hated each other, which results in innocent people getting killed. Romeo and Juliet are in love, but in a bad position when they find out that their families are enemies. They get married as soon as possible, but both end up committing suicide because of the problems between their families. Their families are extremely upset about their losses. Their death is the only thing that is able to stop the conflict between the two families. The plot of Romeo and Juliet is similar to what I have heard about in the past. I saw the ballet at ABT, and the plot is similar. However, the ballet had a more happy tone as opposed to the more sad tone in the prologue.

25. December 5th, 2011 at 10:58 pm      Reply alwynp2 Says:

There are two families, in the same social class,
    In Verona
    An old grudge is sparked again
    Innocent people are killed or injured
    From these two enemies
    A pair loves each other
    A major misunderstanding leads to their deaths
    The feud between families still carries on
    The death of the couple continued their parents’ rage
    The people will try to act out what happened in two hours time
    What happened in the story.

This is pretty much what I have heard about Romeo and Juliet. There are two families. They have a feud, Romeo and Juliet love each other, Juliet wants to escape marriage so she uses some kind of drug to be in a coma. Romeo was supposed to be informed of this plan, but he didn’t know yet. Romeo takes poison, and dies. Juliet awakens to see Romeo dead and kills herself.
    The End!

26. December 5th, 2011 at 11:33 pm      Reply innag2 Says:

Two household, both dignified,
    In Verona, where this play takes place,
    From an old fight, they break into a new fight,
    Where murder is the cause of innocent bloodshed.
    From these two enemies,
    A pair of lover commit suicide;
    Whose terrible deaths
    Cause their parents to not fight any longer.
    The scary way to their death that was intertwined with love,
    And the continuation of their parents’ feud,
    Which couldn’t be removed until their children’s’ deaths,
    Is now the play that we will be performing for two hours;
    That if you listen closely and be patient,
    What we will leave out, our hard work will make up for.

This preview does conform to my previous knowledge of Romeo and Juliet. I know this story very well, for I’ve read Shakespeare’s version many times, and I’ve even been to Verona! (Which by the way, the entire town is a tourist trap. It’s terrible! Really. Never go there. EVER.) I knew about the two feuding families, and the love at first sight that happened to the two worst people it could ever happen to: Romeo and Juliet. I know that they pretended to die so they could run away together, but then Romeo woke up before Juliet did, thought she was dead, killed himself, and then Juliet woke up, found Romeo dead, and killed herself, too. It’s truthfully a very gruesome play. I wish it wasn’t that bad, or that the parents weren’t so prejudiced. Maybe then Romeo and Juliet would never have died, and we’d live in a happy world. Or not.

27. December 5th, 2011 at 11:35 pm      Reply Anton Says:

Their are to families, both of which are the same social class.
    This story takes place in beautiful Verona.
    From a hatred that goes back several generations, new fights break out.
    Citizens are guilty of killing other citizens.
    The children of these two families,
    destined NOT to be together, commit suicide.
    Whose unfortunate, sorrowful deaths
    End the two families hatred of one another. (or end parent’s fighting)
    This sad/ scary story, of their destined to die love
    And the continuing of their parents hatred,
    which could be ended in no way other than their children’s death
    Is what the topic of this two hour play will be.
    If you listen carefully,
    shall find what you have missed in this prologue.

28. December 5th, 2011 at 11:46 pm      Reply anthonym9 Says:

Two families of the same social class,
    In Verona, the actors show the play,
    From fights between ancestors to new fights.
    Where the citizens shed other citizens blood.
    From these families
    A pair of ill fated lovers commit suicide;
    Whose unfortunate, sorrowful destruction
    End their parents fighting.
    The end of their love for each other,
    And the parents continue to fight,
    Which the death of their children couldn`t stop,
    Is the plot of this 2 hour play;
    And if you listen very closely,
    What you miss in the prologue, we will clarify in the play.

29. December 6th, 2011 at 6:13 pm      Reply jessicab4 Says:

Two families, in equal social classes
    In verona the actors present
    Fquarrel about something lost in time
    where citizen sheads another’s blood
    from the families two lovers, not destined to be together kill themselves
    Whose deaths
    cease the fighting
    the end of thier love
    their parents fight
    which didn’t stop the death of their children
    is the plot of this 2 hour play
    if you listen closely
    what u missed just now you will find in the play.
    This is the plot of Romeo and Juliet. It gives the general idea of the story.

30. December 7th, 2011 at 9:30 pm      Reply nikital Says:

Two families in the same social class live in Verona. These families are still rivals over a critical event that happened long ago, one that will lead to the death of many civil people, including their children, Romeo and Juliet. These deaths lead to the end of the conflict. So is the plot of this two hour play. If you listen closely and patiently, we will review what you have just missed.
    This preview confirms much of my previous knowledge on this topic. I had already known that Romeo and Juliet’s death led to the burial of their parent’s strife. Before I had even read this, I already knew the ending. I’m sure that many others can say the same. In other words, I was already familiar with the literature , and therefore, I have no fantasies of what is not in this tragedy.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar