All the little man on the witness stand had that made him any better than his nearest neighbors was, that if scrubbed with lye soap in very hot water, his skin was white.
After you have read chapters 16-17 of To Kill a Mockingbird, please respond on our blog:
- What passage or passages strike you as interesting or singular and why?
- What questions do you want to discuss with the class?
- Why do you think these questions may generate interesting discussion?
- Remember, a good discussion question does not have a single answer. Good questions lead to interesting conversations.
Also remember to:
- Annotate! Annotate! Annotate! Use post-it notes to mark important passages and to write two or three discussion questions to direct our discussion tomorrow. Remember! Everyone must participate.