“You know what’s going to happen as well as I do, Jack, and I hope and pray I can get Jem and Scout through it without bitterness, and most of all, without catching Maycomb’s usual disease. “
Tonight, after you have re-read chapters 8-9 of To Kill a Mockingbird, please respond on our blog:
- What passage or passages strike you as interesting or singular and why?
- What questions do you want to discuss with the class?
- Why do you think these questions may generate interesting discussion?
- Remember, a good discussion question does not have a single answer. Good questions lead to interesting conversations.
Also remember to:
- Make sure that you read all or some of your classmates posts and comment on at least one other post in this thread.
- Annotate! Annotate! Annotate! Use post-it notes to mark important passages and to write two or three discussion questions to direct our discussion tomorrow. Remember! Everyone must participate.