How-to Basics

Today you are going to learn how to access our class blog, log in, and comment on a post.

Hey!  Guess what?  If you are reading this, you have already accessed our blog!

First, you need to log in.  Look over on the right.  You will see a section called Meta in with various below it.  Please choose Log in.

Now, you will of course need a username and a password.  This should be your usual school log in, however, if you don’t know what that is, try this:

Your username is your first name, the first initial of your last name and usually a number.  Please start without a number, then with the number 1, if that doesn’t work, try number 2, and so forth until you figure out which it is. So!  My name is Elizabeth Quinson.  My username would be elizabethq, elizabethq1 or elizabethq2.

Your password is your student id number.  If you already know it, try to log on.

If none of this works, I’ll be around with this information for you.

After you are logged on, try commenting on this post. What you are reading here, by the way, is a post!  Most of your work on the blog will be as a comment, and not as a post.  Generally, I post the topic or question (or even just leave it open) and then you comment on my post.  In addition you may comment on each other’s comments!