Before Monday, please read the article entitled, “Why not change your mind” from The New Philosopher and then respond here. (You can click on the title to read the article or you can read the paper copy I will hand out Friday.) For your response, you may consider the following questions:
- What is the claim or thesis of this article?
- What support does the author provide for his claim or thesis?
- What if any rhetorical appeals does the author use?
- Do you find his argument persuasive?
- Would you ever consider changing your mind about capital punishment for the mentally disabled?
Please also listen to this podcast “The Incredible Rarity of Changing Your Mind” from This American Life from Chicago Public Radio.
Full warning, however!
The podcast is almost a full hour long and deals with some controversial subjects like gay marriage and abortion. Please be sure to get your parents’ permission to listen to this.
This blog is not due until Monday 6/11/18.