Tonight please read “The Suitors, “Penelope,” and “The Challenge,” pp. 1029-1037, and then respond here.
In your response, please you may choose to consider some of these questions, or perhaps you will have a question of your own!
- How does Penelope feel about the suitors in her house?
- How might these feelings differ from Odysseus’ feelings?
- Why does Odysseus choose not to reveal himself at once to his wife?
- Is it wrong for Odysseus to deceive his wife?
- How are present-day ideas about gender equality similar to or different from those demonstrated in The Odyssey.
Be sure to use plenty of text-based details in your response and check your writing for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Please be sure, also, to respond to at least one other comment in this thread.