I had the story, bit by bit, from various people, and as generally happens in such cases, each time it was a different story.
Describe our narrator.
Some questions you may want to consider:
- Who is he?
- What is he doing in Starkfield?
- Can we rely on his judgment? Why or why not?
- What does the narrator learn about Frome from other characters?
- What effect does this knowledge have on the narrator?
- On the reader?
As always, please follow the rules of standard American English in your comment and reply to your classmates comments as the discussion evolves over the course of the evening.
- Quality is very important. Make sure you provide ample detailed, text-based evidence for your observations
- Quantity is ALSO very important. A well-developed blog with ample evidence tends to be 300-500 words.
Remember also, that a part of your homework tonight is to annotate the text (use lots of post-its to mark interesting, surprising, or confusing passages – and mark on the post-its what your thoughts are). Also, write at least 2 (two) EXCELLENT discussion questions to spark tomorrow’s conversation.