Why not change your mind?
Tonight, please read the article entitled, “Why not change your mind” from The New Philosopher and then respond here. For your response, you may consider the following questions:
- What is the claim or thesis of this article?
- What support does the author provide for his claim or thesis?
- What if any rhetorical appeals does the author use?
- Do you find his argument persuasive?
- Would you ever consider changing your mind about capital punishment for the mentally disabled?
Please also listen to this podcast “The Incredible Rarity of Changing Your Mind” from This American Life from Chicago Public Radio.