Each year students are selected as Art Honor Executive Board.
Executive Board members are invited to apply by Art Department staff.
This honor is given to students who are viewed as role models in the art department and who exemplify the mission of the Art Honor Society.
Board members responsibilities:
- attend monthly officer meetings in addition to the monthly general membership meeting, typically on a Friday after school (cannot miss more than two in a school year)
- Attend a planning meeting during exam week
- propose ideas for Art Honor Society workshop and community service project.
- actively run/participate in NAHS sponsored activities
- hang a showcase of their work during the last week of August, to be on display during the first month of school
- develop the ideas for the induction ceremony and give a speech on projects
Junior year inductees and Exhibit Committee applicants will be given first consideration.
Submit the Executive Board application document by May 24.
Additionally, students are selected to serve on the Exhibits Committee. As members of this committee you are an integral part of the leadership team, and you are in charge of staging a student run exhibit in the library during the school year. You are also responsible for hanging the induction ceremony exhibit, and hosting the reception. Skills in organization, collaboration,self motivation and creativity are important in this position.
Sophomores interested in the Art Honor Society and the possibility of future officer positions are encouraged to apply. Current members and juniors are also invited to apply.
As leadership team members, students are expected to attend monthly leadership meetings in addition to the monthly general membership meetings. These meetings are most commonly held on Friday after school. Officers are also expected to take leadership roles in the volunteer activities for the year.
Positions are open to current sophomores and juniors.
If you are not currently a member, you must fill out a membership application as well as the officer application letter.
Executive Board Application Letter:
If interested in applying for a leadership position, letters of interest should be submitted to Mrs. Diamond by May 24.
Mrs. Diamond will schedule brief meetings with individual applicants May 28-May 31.
Letters should be typed and handed in, not e-mailed
The following information should be included:
- What position you are interested in and why? Be specific.
- Identify a charity that you are interested in working with/for. Who are they, and why do you want to initiate activities on their behalf? Identify possible events you would be willing to spearhead, ex. collection drives, fundraising ideas, awareness raising ideas.)
- Identify a student workshop you could hold for the membership. Be specific.
- Identify an idea that you have for an art honor society event (spirit event, school beautification project, exhibit opportunities outside of school, art workshops for students, staff or community, art honor society gatherings-ex. movie night, museum outing, on site art-making trip)
- What your extra-curricular obligations beyond Art Honor Society are, for example sports, work, publications, other officer positions PLEASE IDENTIFY WHAT SEASON THESE OBLIGATIONS EXIST IN.
Exhibits Committee Application Letter:
If interested in applying for a leadership position, letters of interest should be submitted to Mrs. Diamond by May 30.
Mrs. Diamond will schedule brief meetings with individual applicants on May 28-May 31.
Letters should be typed and handed in, not e-mailed.
- Why you are interested in being on the Exhibits Committee, and what skills you would bring to the position.
- Identify ideas for possible themes for a student run exhibit.
- TIPS: think of themes that are broad enough that many can apply
- – think of a workshop you can hold that students can make work for the exhibit
- – think of a catchy theme name!
- What your extra-curricular obligations beyond Art Honor Society are, for example sports, work, publications, other officer positions. PLEASE IDENTIFY WHAT SEASON THESE OBLIGATIONS EXIST IN.