Officers: Remember to:
-hand out and review art related activities page
-give students time to look at handouts and ask questions
For access to the most current application, go to the Art Honor Society google classroom from your non-school e-mail account,
Classroom code: h0xr3g8
Criteria for Induction of New Members
- Completion of one elective course in art beyond foundation level (studio art, studio media, studio ceramics) during the induction year
- Maintenance of a grade point average of 3.5 (B+/A-) or higher in all art classes. Weighting will be applied to IB and AP Art grades.
- Member of an art class during the year of application for induction
- Must be a junior or a senior.
- Submission of a sample (best work) of art.
- Proof of completion of 10 art honor society creative service hours during the year of, and prior to induction (calendar year 2018). 5 of these hours MUST come from activities within the Art Honor Society. All service hours must use a creative activity.
- Proof of completion of 10 art honor society service hours during each year as an active member.
- Substantial evidence of participation in the arts beyond the class period (ex. Exhibits, clubs, contest, publications, etc)-minimum of 5.
Art Department Faculty Ratings:
Checklist scoring a 27 or higher from the average of all current and former art teachers. The categories listed are based on National Art Honor Society guidelines as well as the CHSN Art Department philosophy and objectives.
____ability to problem solve and think critically via exploration and experimentation
____evidence of, understanding of, and respect for divergent points of view
____ability to make decisions both independently and cooperatively
____ability to receive and utilize suggestions/criticism in a constructive manner
____demonstration of leadership qualities within art classes
*All candidates/members must attend at least 4 of the 6 monthly meetings.
All candidates must attend the rehearsal for the induction ceremony Wednesday, April 3. The 2018-2019 Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, April 11
Failure to meet these requirements will result in a revocation of membership.
December 17: Application form including Scholarship and Art related activity forms
$10 membership fee
December 17: Proof of completion of 10 service hours for ALL members (new and old)