Although only 5 could advance to the finalist level, North was proud to have submissions to the Congressional Art Competition from SO MANY students:
Aanika Nawar, Dannie Dominiani, Eric La, Cynthia Griffin, Kassidy Gaviola, Kaitlyn Holmes, Almas Shakil, Nicole Simbana, Natalie Sudol,Jason Dezile, Jaylyn Mojica, Megan Leiter, and Diego Sandoval-Zamora.
Aanika, Dannie, Eric, Jason and Jaylyn with be going on to the next level of competition at Congresswoman Nita Lowey’s office.
They are also invited to a ceremony at the Congresswoman’s office on Monday May 6.
Good luck to all!
We are so proud that 5 of our 8 entries have moved on to the finalist round of competition! Stay tuned to find out if Ari Kleiner, Alexandra Wang, Mackenzie O’Brien , Jessica Luu and ALexa Schwartz will have their artwork featured on the home screen of the parent portal!
Congratulations, the following students have been selected as finalists in the 2018-19 eSchoolData Login Page Art Contest for the LHRIC region!
- Ari Kleiner, grade 11, Title: Korean Culture Village
- Jessica Luu, grade 11, Title: The STEM Hole
Mackenzie O’Brien, grade 11, Title: Huts on the Horizon
Alexa Schwartz, grade 11, Title: Niagara Falls
Alexandra Wang, grade 11, Title: Freedom
Attendees at our Annual User Conference (in Saratoga Springs NY, May 8-9, 2019) will be voting for their favorites in each region. Final decisions will be made by our committee shortly afterwards and checks requisitioned from Illuminate Education’s CA headquarters, so students can receive their awards before the end of the school year.
It is with great pleasure that we induct this year’s newest members!
Officers and Exhibits committee members should plan to arrive at 6:30pm, all other members and inductees not later than 6:45pm.
All members and Inductees, please remember to bring your donation of an art supply for the Artist Express Program.
There will be a fundraiser for Bead for Life in the Main entrance. Jewelry prices range from $10-$25. We hope you can support this great charity!
Dana Sassano was a talented art student at Clarkstown High School North who passed away in her senior year. Her best friend in high school started this stipend in her name. This $250 stipend will be awarded to one art student to offset the cost of art supplies. Applicants must be attending college to study art.
- -B+ or higher in an AP or IB Art Program
- Pursuing a design major at any College / University
- Submit a 500 word paragraph on what inspires you as an artist and why you are choosing a design career path.
- 3-4 sample works of art (from school projects or personal work).
- Proof of major – pdf of relevant common app documents.
How to apply:
- Create a google folder with first and last name and Sassano Scholarship.
- Include the following documents in the folder:
- Save both the essay and works of art to one pdf document names with students first and last name.
- Proof of major pdf.
- Share the google folder with firstname.lastname@example.org.